The assignment has two elements (all must be completed):
1. Review Hylton and Totten (2013) Developing ‘Sport for All’ chapter (in Hylton (2013)(ed.) Sport Development: Policy, process and practice, Routledge, London) and produce a summary relating to the debates and sport related issues raised (900 words)
2. Write a concluding section evaluating how these learning outcomes inform your future aspirations as a Sport Development and Management professional (300 words – for this section you may adopt 1st person
Sport and Development: Working in Communities
Inequality and Sport
In this relating to developing ‘Sport for all’ in terms of inequality and sport is as (Hylton and Totten 2013) mentioned ‘Sport development has been at the cutting edge of what are seen as innovative and refreshing approaches to traditional sport provision. Despite constraints within their organisations, sport workers today are attempting to offer more opportunities to the public’ This shows less inequality and having sport are key within developing ‘Sport for all’ as the traditional approaches are becoming less useful than the more refreshing approach. What this also shows is even though organisations are restricted, there have been more chances and opportunities arising from sport workers that are currently being given them to public.
Regarding inequity and sport (Hylton and Totten 2013) as say ‘Sport development professionals are challenged to plan, implement and monitor equality work in sport. Furthermore, cultural shifts that have to take place in organisations for long-term change need to go hand in hand with political and social change.’ What this meant was sport development professionals will need to focus towards sport when planning, implementing and monitoring equality. The things that were also mentioned were based in long-term change with shifts which take place culturally within organisations that will need to go hand and hand along with change politically and socially.
Social exclusion and inclusion
Another sport related issue which comes under this is social exclusion and inclusion as this is known to be what separates the social and economic norm, according to (Hylton and Totten 2013) ‘Persistent barriers to participation can be understood as ‘social exclusion’. Social inclusion is more than exclusion from sport.’ In this quote is giving you a brief idea of what social exclusion and exclusion is and social inclusion is not only exclusion from sport. Another thing that was mentioned from (Hylton and Totten 2013) was ‘Social exclusion is typified by social and economic inequalities and by continual aggravation of differences and divisions in the life chances of the members of the same society. For example, divisions can be expressed socially in terms of gender differences in sport; economically in terms of differences in income; or culturally through ethnic differences. ‘Exclusion’ and ‘inclusion’ affect individuals in different ways, but ultimately have a decisive impact on overall quality of life.’ What they meant by this is social inclusion is characterised by inequalities socially and economically, with a continued frustration of differences and division within life which brings opportunities to the members of the same society. Inclusion and exclusion impact people in other ways, which will eventually important impact on overall quality of life.
Sport development workers would work within different areas to reduce social exclusion as (Hyl
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.