First, write a few paragraph response about politics and feminism using the questions below as guides.What does it mean to you to say that “the personal is the political?”What are some of the ways women can gain political power? Why is it important for women to have a voice in government and policy? Why is it important that women exercise their right to vote?What reasons does Susan B. Anthony give in “Constitutional Argument” for why women need to be acknowledged as citizens with equal rights (including the right to vote) under the constitution? Should women be considered as a voting group? What are the arguments for and against thinking about women as a single constituency?What do you think would be the most effective way to move more women into political office, particularly on the national level?How are gender roles and expectations connected to violence against women? What role do governments and political organizations have in finding solutions?Second, write a few paragraphs about body politics using the following questions as guidelinesDid this reading help you gain a different understanding of the term “body politics?” How are women’s bodies politicized?Why is reproductive choice such a controversial political issue? Do you think the fact that most issues of reproductive choice center on women and women’s bodies have contributed to the belief that government has a role to play in managing reproductive choice? Are there any aspects of male health or sexuality that are equally politicized? Should it be a political issue at all?Margaret Sanger’s campaign to legalize birth control was met with sometimes violent protest by those who objected that she was essentially promoting lewd behavior. Why do you think people were so strongly against her campaign? What were people worried would happen if women gained access to birth control?Like Margaret Sanger, feminism (and Women’s Studies) has traditionally supported a pro-choice position on abortion. Do you agree with this position? What would a pro-life feminist position look like?How are issues of birth control and abortion intersectional? Are there different perspectives on birth control that need to be considered in feminist movements? References Read, watch, or listen to all of the learning resources listed below.Fact Sheet: Milestones for Women in American PoliticsLinkConstitutional Argument: Speech After Being Convicted Of Voting In The 1872 Presidential ElectionLinkUN Women: Facts and figures: Leadership and Political ParticipationLink”Medicine, health, and reproductive justice” from online textbook Introduction to Women, Gender, Sexuality StudiesLinkRacism, Birth Control and Reproductive JusticeLinkMargaret SangerLinkFact Sheet: Guttmacher Institute Fact Sheet: Induced Abortion in the United StatesLink”The Struggle to End Gendered Violence and Violence against Women” from online textbook Introduction to Women, Gender, Sexuality StudiesLinkUN Women: Ending Violence Against WomenLink
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.