PSY101: Assignment 3 Page 2
Worksheet: The Cocktail Party Phenomenon
Imagine that you are at an office party, a holiday party, or a gathering of friends at the home of a neighbor and you are engaged in a discussion with a friend. More people are talking behind you, but you are not paying attention to their conversation. Suddenly, you hear your name mentioned by one of the individuals engaged in the conversation behind you. You become unable to concentrate on the discussion, because you are too busy trying to hear what the other people are saying about you. You know you were not deliberately eavesdropping on this conversation, but you know that you heard your name. Is it possible that you were unconsciously eavesdropping?
In this assignment, you will describe the reasons behind a phenomenon referred to as “The Cocktail Party Phenomenon.”
Perform the following tasks:
· Complete the reading assignment and the interactive lecture before attempting this assignment.
· Using LIRN or other online reliable Internet resources prepare responses to the questions below.
· Use this document to answer the questions above.
· Your responses (approximately 250 words) must have correct spelling and grammar.
· Submit the Assignment.
· Include the proper file naming convention: PSY101H_wk3_assn_jsmith_mmddyyyy.
Defined dichotic listening in your own words.
Described the process of dichotic listening.
Explained dichotic listening in terms of what is happening at the party.
Applied the expectations in the Written Assignment Rubric
Respond to the following prompts:
Using LIRN or other reliable online resources to respond to the following:
1. Define dichotic listening.
2. How does dichotic listening work?
3. How does this explain what is happening at the party?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.