Understanding Measurement System Analysis
The goal of the Measurement phase in the DMAIC methodology is to measure an existing process to determine its current performance and quantify any problems. Problem quantification is achieved by collecting sufficient data through a valid measurement system. An error-prone measurement system may lead to incorrect conclusions. Thus, ensuring data measurement accuracy is essential. Measurement system analysis (MSA) is a technique that identifies measurement error (variation) and its sources to reduce variation. Since data measurements are used to guide process improvement decisions, ensuring data measurement accuracy is imperative. For your initial post, address the following:
Describe a measurement system with which you are familiar (e.g., a scale, thermometer, odometer, thermostat, tire gauge, etc.)
Explain how accuracy can be determined for that measurement system
For example: Imagine a company relies on a grandfather clock as the company’s official employee timeclock. An employee adjusts the grandfather clock to the International Atomic Time by adjusting the pendulum disk up or down. To slow the clock, the adjustment nut is turned to the left, and to speed up the clock and the adjustment nut is turned to the right. One-click turned in either direction modifies the clock’s time in seconds. The clock’s accuracy is determined by comparing the grandfather clock’s time to the International Atomic Time each hour. Respond to at least two of your peers by asking questions about the measurement systems they described in their examples and identifying factors that might impact the accuracy of the measurement system they described.
To successfully complete this assignment, view the Discussion Rubric document.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.