Identify Topics and Explore Plagiarism
Evaluation Title: Identifying a Topic and Incorrect APA Usage
The first part of this assignment will assist you in identifying a topic which you will use for other assignments in the course. The second part of the assignment helps you understand and explain what constitutes plagiarism.
Please download the Assignment worksheet below, follow the directions, and answer the questions on the worksheet.
The first part of this assignment will assist you in identifying a topic which you will work with for subsequent activities in the course. The second part of the assignment helps you articulate what constitutes plagiarism.
In this course you will be using a variety of resources and research tools. This activity will guide you in formulating a topic to use for later assignments in this course.
1. What is something you are curious about? What is something you see out in the world that you want to know more about? Perhaps think of health, business, or socio-cultural issues. Write it here:
(Need help selecting a topic? Review the Research Topic Starting Points guide from the Herzing University Library. Browse some of the resources linked there for generating topic ideas. https://herzing.libguides.com/research_topic_starting_points)
2. Create a Mind Map for your topic in the Credo Reference Database available through the Herzing University Library. You can access the link to that database in the Research Topics Starting Points guide at https://herzing.libguides.com/research_topic_starting_points If you need assistance using this tool, contact the Herzing University Librarians using the contact information in that guide. You might need to play around with how you word your topic.
Did the Mind Map help you narrow your topic? Describe your experience with the Mind Map feature and indicate your narrowed topic:
3. Write at least three research questions related to your topic and circle or somehow indicate the one you are most interested in answering:
4. Create a thesis statement for your research project. Be sure it meets the characteristics of a “strong” thesis statement as described in the reading for this unit.
Characteristics of a Strong Thesis Statement
· Answers the research question and is adequate for the assignment.
· Takes a position – doesn’t just state facts.
· It is specific and provable.
· It passes the “so what?” test.
Include your thesis statement here:
The following paragraph is from this source:
Spiranec, S., & Mihaela, B. Z. (2010). Information literacy 2.0: Hype or discourse refinement? Journal of Documentation, 66(1), 140-153. doi:http://dx.doi.org.prx-herzing.lirn.net/10.1108/00220411011016407
Web 2.0 is currently changing what it means to be an information literate person or community…. The erosion did not begin with Web 2.0 but had started considerably earlier and became evident with the first web document without an identifiable author or indication of origin. Generally, this erosion comes naturally with the advancement towards electronic environments. In the era of print culture the information context was based on textual permanence, unity and identifiable authorship, and was therefore stable. The appearance of Web 1.0 has already undermined that stability
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.