One of the issues affecting my patient population is the integration of substance abuse management and mental healthcare. Successful integration between substance abuse and mental care has proved to achieve better outcomes. Integration addresses financial barriers and makes patients more satisfied. It also helps increase the quality of care and boost the quality of life on a long-term basis (Crowe et al., 2018). The challenge in integrating mental health and substance abuse where I work has led to poor health outcomes. The challenge has created financial difficulties, making it challenging to address substance abuse effectively. Despite efforts, the organization puts more effort into mental health with a lack of correlation between integration measures.
Information technology plays a significant role in the implementation of evidence-based practice in substance abuse management. Access to the internet makes it easy for health service providers to access information and use it for decision-making. Technological advances have also made it possible to mine large data sets and analyze health needs to determine treatment and management interventions (Mesko et al., 2018). Cloud services facilitate easy access to accurate data from remote areas, facilitating collaborative decision-making and integrated care. It is also easy to access clinical evidence for the assessment and implementation of health care strategies. Lastly, technology enhances the active participation of patients in decision-making (Lattie et al., 2020). Despite the physical distance, patients are connected with healthcare providers throughout.
Crowe, A., Mullen, P. R., & Littlewood, K. (2018). Self‐stigma, mental health literacy, and health outcomes in integrated care. Journal of Counseling & Development, 96(3), 267-277.
Lattie, E. G., Nicholas, J., Knapp, A. A., Skerl, J. J., Kaiser, S. M., & Mohr, D. C. (2020). Opportunities for and tensions surrounding the use of technology-enabled mental health services in community mental health care. Administration and Policy in Mental Health and Mental Health Services Research, 47(1), 138-149.
Meskó, B., Hetényi, G., & Győrffy, Z. (2018). Will artificial intelligence solve the human resource crisis in healthcare?. BMC health services research, 18(1), 1-4.
I NEED A COMMENT FOR THIS DISCUSSION BOARD WITH AT LEAST 2 PARAGRAPHS AND USE 3 SOURCES NO LATER THAN 5 YEARS
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.