Select one of the studies below for your assignment. In your homework, be sure to discuss developing collaborative relationships with clients when teaching concepts concerning pathological states to individuals and families.
Assignment Introduction Assignment Directions
Select one of the case studies below for your assignment. In your discussion, be sure to discuss developing collaborative relationships with clients when teaching concepts concerning pathological states to individuals and families.
Case Study Assignment Requirements
Make sure all of the topics in the case study have been addressed.
Cite at least three references in your case study paper; this may include peer-reviewed journal articles, textbooks, or evidence-based practice websites to support the content.
All reference sources must be within 5 years.
Do not use sources such as Wikipedia or UpToDate as a reference.
Assignments must have at least four full pages of analytic content, double-spaced (the cover and reference pages do not count in the page count, but must be included with the assignment), and follow APA 7th edition format.
Case Study 1: Disorders of Hepatobiliary and Exocrine Pancreas Function
Robert is a 68-year-old who has dealt with alcoholism for over 30 years. He has cirrhosis and is anemic. His appetite has declined, and he regularly complains of abdominal pain. Recently, while preparing himself a sandwich, he cut his finger deeply with a knife. The wound bled profusely, and he used a kitchen towel to stop the flow. Refusing to go and seek medical assistance, he put ice on his finger and wrapped the towel around it. He sat down in his recliner with his hand over his head and fell asleep.
Anemia and clotting disorders are common features of alcoholic liver disease. What are the mechanisms that cause these hematologic disorders?
What gastrointestinal bleed is associated with a high mortality rate in those with advanced cirrhosis? What is the pathophysiology of this condition?
Acute pancreatitis is sometimes seen in alcoholics, particularly after binge drinking. Why are tachycardia and hypotension indications of this condition?
Why are women more predisposed to alcoholic liver disease than men?
Case Study 2: Somatosensory Function, Pain, Headache, and Temperature Regulation
Ramandeep is an active 23-year-old. She works as a part-time nurse during the day and is studying for a postgraduate certificate in the evening. Ramandeep started to wear a bite plate at night after she began to experience jaw pain and headaches. Sometimes the pain radiated to her ear, and she would apply a hot water bottle to it to ease the discomfort. It was not until her husband mentioned to her that he heard her grinding her teeth at night while she was sleeping. She knew then that her headaches might be from temporomandibular joint syndrome, and she went to her dentist to confirm her thoughts. In addition to the bite plate, the dentist also recommended she should continue with the application of heat, use NSAIDs when needed, and incorporate regular relaxation exercises throughout her stressful days.
What effect does heat have on nociceptors so that it makes a good nonpharmacologic treatme
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.