Please see attachment For InstructionsPlease Reply to the following 2 Discussion posts:
APA format with intext citation
Word count minimum of 150 words per post
References at least one high-level scholarly reference per post within the last 5 years in APA format.
DISCUSSION POST # 1 Reply to Elaine
A 19-year-old college student is asking for contraceptives.
Q3. According to Rosenthal & Burchum (2019), the key factors in determining contraceptive measures are safety, efficacy, and patient preference. A thorough history should determine a patient’s eligibility and risk factors. This includes a history of deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, stroke, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, migraines, systemic lupus, irritable bowel syndrome, gallbladder disease, length of the menstrual cycle, irregular or heavy bleeding, patient and family history of breast cancer, in addition to lifestyle question such as the history of smoking, desired method, pills compliance, and sexual activity (CDC, 2022; Kaunitz, 2021). For example, many health conditions would eliminate certain oral contraceptives as options, while multiple sexual partners or a history of pelvic inflammatory disease would eliminate intrauterine devices.
For the patient in this case study, I would recommend starting with the NuvaRing. NuvaRing is a combined estrogen and progestin vaginal ring that is inserted monthly and provides continuous hormonal release with a one-week break during week 4 in which it is removed (Kaunitz, 2022; Rosenthal & Burchum, 2021). It contains 2.7mg of ethinyl estradiol and 11.7mg of etonogestrel. The NuvaRing has a similar mechanism of action to combined oral contraceptives (COC). “The chief mechanism of action is the inhibition of gonadotropins and prevention of ovulation along with effects on cervical mucus and endometrial histology” (Wieder & Pattimakiel, 2010, p. 403). The most common side effects of the NuvaRing are similar to that of COC including nausea, vaginitis, headache, and weight gain but to a less degree than with COC. There is an increased risk for serious venous thrombotic events as with COC but according to Wieder & Pattimakiel (2010), there is no significant increase in blood pressure in studies assessing patients using the vaginal ring.
DISCUSSION POST # 2 Reply to Astrid
Q5. The patient is concerned because her mother and sister developed fractures in their legs and vertebra after menopause. She wants to know what medication and other advice will prevent osteoporosis. You discuss bisphosphonates. How are they used in the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is a condition in which bone mineral density and bone mass decrease, resulting in weakened and brittle bones (Rosen, 2022). With osteoporosis, the body breaks down bones faster than builds new ones. Bisphosphonates are used to prevent bone resorption and osteoporotic fractures. They i
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.