The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate effective non-pharmacological and psychological pain management techniques.
Matthew, age 13, and his mothers have arrived in the pediatric unit for evaluation of his chronic pain related to cancer. Matthew is a bright, articulate young man who appears pale, anxious, and extremely uncomfortable. He is still rating his pain at a 10 (on a scale of 1 to 10) 20 minutes after receiving a dose of morphine sulfate IV, which should have provided quick and effective relief. The primary health care provider is ordering a pain consult. Until the pain management team arrives, Matthew’s nurse asks you to suggest some non-pharmacological or psychological pain management techniques for Matthew. You work with Matthew on three different techniques and give him and his mothers an educational brochure that describes each of the techniques, explains how to do the techniques, and explains why the techniques are beneficial.
make the patient education brochure you have just given to Matthew and his mothers. Complete a literature search and choose three age-appropriate, non-pharmacological or psychological pain management techniques you believe would be of greatest benefit for Matthew. Give a thorough description of each technique, explain how to do each technique, and explain why each technique is beneficial. As with all written patient education material, remember to consider the reading level of your patient audience and evaluate your brochure for readability. Include the Readability Index Score at the bottom of your brochure.
Please be original do not just copy and paste from the internet
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.