Find attached Focused Note Question and Focused Note TemplatePRAC 6541:
Primary Care of Adolescents and Children
Focused SOAP Checklist
Chief Complaint: Did I state briefly in the patient’s own words
History of present illness: Did I write a paragraph in the order of the 7 attributes & did I put the 7 attributes in a concise list in the chart (OLD CART-if you don’t know it, please look it up)
Medications: did I list each medication and reason.
Allergies: Did I include specific reactions to medications, foods, and insects, environmental?
Past Medical History (PMH): Did I list all the patient
Illnesses, hospitalizations? Did I Include childhood illnesses
Past Surgical History (PSH): Did I list the
dates, indications and types of operations?
OB/GYN History: (if applicable) Obstetric history, menstrual history, methods of contraception and sexual function.
Personal/Social History: Tobacco use, Alcohol use, Drug use, risky sexual behavior. Patient’s interests, ADL’s IADL’s if applicable. Exercise, eating habits. Pediatrics: school status, parental smoking hx, birth history, school/daycare etc
Immunizations: Did I include
Last Tdap, Flu, pneumonia, etc. Pediatrics- (per pediatric schedule for age) HPV if applicable
Family History: Did I list for Parents, Grandparents, siblings, children?
Review of Systems (SUBJECTIVE DATA): Did I include the systems related to my Chief Complaint and chronic conditions? Did I type detailed description? I did NOT use WNL. I was specific in my descriptions (see health assessment textbook).
Did I remember this is what the patient says and not what I observed? Did I include the cardiovascular and respiratory system regardless of chief complaint?
Physical Exam: (OBJECTIVE DATA) This is what YOU see/touch/hear/smell
· Did I list the vital signs as the first thing in the objective section? Did I include the BMI for adults? Did I include the percentile for the ht, wt, bp etc for pediatrics?
· Did I examine the systems that are pertinent to the CC, HPI, and History. Did I describe what I observed? Did I never use WNL or normal? Did I describe what I observed during the physical exam?
· Did I include the systems in a list format?
· Did I include cardiovascular and respiratory systems regardless of cc?
· Did I delete the systems I did not review?
· Did I put my priority diagnosis in bold for EACH CC?
· Did I include at least 3 differentials(DD) after the priority diagnosis for EACH of my CC?
· Did I explain what each DD is, use references to explain and tell how you ruled in or ruled out each DD? (AND does your ROS and PE reflect this?)
· Did I include a reference citation for each diagnosis under the assessFor this Assignment, you will work with an adolescent patient that you examined during the last 3 weeks and complete a Focused Note Template in which you will gather patient information, relevant diagnostic and treatment information, and reflect on health promotion and disease prevention in light of patient factors, such as age, ethnic group, past medical history (PMH), socio-economic status, cultural background, etc. In this week’s Learning Resources, please refer to the Focused Note resources for guidance on writing Focused Notes.
Adolescent Patient I saw this week:
A 16-year-old girl and her mother present to your office with concerns about irregular periods. The patient had her first menses at 12 years of age and had regular monthly periods until 6 months ago when her periods stopped. She has had an accompanying 50-pound weight loss over the past 6 months. When asked further about the weight loss, she reports that she has been working on more healthful eating, has cut all desserts and junk foods out of her diet, and eats a low-fat and low-carb diet. In addition she has started running 3 miles a day in order to “get healthy.” On physical exam her vital signs are temperature 36.4°C (97.5°F), heart rate 44 beats per minute, blood pressure 96/60 mm Hg, and respirations 16 breaths per minute. She appears thin, with sallow-looking skin and dry hair. She is bradycardic on exam, with no murmurs and a regular rhythm. Her heart rate increases by 19 beats during positional changes from sitting to standing, with minimal change in her blood pressure. Her pulses are strong and symmetric while her fingers and toes are cool to touch. Anorexia nervosa. Eating disorders are a common but often underdiagnosed condition in the pediatric population.
· Review the Focused Note Checklist provided in this week’s Learning Resources and consider how you will develop your Focused Note for this week’s Assignment.
· Use the Focused SOAP Note Template and the example found in the Learning Resources for this week to complete this Assignment.
· Select an adolescent patient that you examined during the last 3 weeks. With this patient in mind, address the following in a Focused Note.
· Subjective: What details did the patient or parent provide regarding the personal and medical history? Include any discrepancies between the details provided by the child and details provided by the parent as well as possible reasons for these discrepancies.
· Objective: What observations did you make during the physical assessment? Include pertinent positive and negative physical exam findings. Describe whether the patient presented with any growth and development or psychosocial issues.
· Assessment: What were your differential diagnoses? Provide a minimum of three possible diagnoses. List them from highest priority to lowest priority and include their ICD-10 code for the diagnosis. What was your primary diagnosis and why?
· Plan: What was your plan for
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.