PART 2: WEEK 1 DISCUSSION
WELCOME to the discussion for WEEK 1. Please respond in complete sentences for each question, unless directed to do otherwise, demonstrating in your reply that you have read the material in order to receive full credit. There are three topics in Part 2 (please respond to ALL).
Topic 1: Digital Media
This week, you watched Digital Nation: Life on the Virtual Frontier Chapter 1: Distracted by Everything and Chapter 2: What’s It Doing to Their Brains?
Professor Turkle believes that students are wrong to think that a “multitasking learning environment” will help them succeed as students. She believes that in order to learn certain things, we need to be still, quiet and focused on one thing at a time.
Do you agree with the professor’s opinion? Is it possible to
while multi-tasking? Why or why not?
NOTE: The focus here is
learning and multitasking
while using digital media.
Topic 2: Digital Media’s Impact on Society
This week you read “Intersection of American Media and Culture”, which explained how different technological transitions have shaped media industries.
Question #1: How has technological developments in radio, television, the Internet,
OR newspaper (
SELECT ONE) influenced mass communication? Support your response.
This week you read
Digital Life in 2025 by Janna Anderson and Lee Rainie.
Anderson and Rainie summarized 15 theses about the digital future of which eight were classified as more hopeful.
ONE of the eight ”
hopeful” theses do you see as the
Explain your choice.
Minimum Topic Response:
PLEASE RESPOND IN THREE OR MORE SENTENCES PER TOPIC.
NOTE 2: Please make sure you answer EACH item and LABEL each item (#1, #2, #3, etc) so that I can easily check that each item has been answered.
After posting your response, please review it to ensure it is
formatted correctly and is
easy to read.
Please find below the content and items you need to read this week.
Digital Life in 2025
Intersection of American Media and Culture
How Did We Get Here? The Evolution of Media
Please find below the content and items you need to watch this week.
Digital Nation: Life on the Virtual Frontier – Chapter 1: Distracted by Everything
PBS Online Video Documentary Series – Chapter 1 (00:00 – 08:28 minutes | closed captioned)
Digital Nation: Life on the Virtual Frontier – Chapter 2: What’s It Doing to Their Brains?
(PBS Online Video Documentary Series – C
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.