Please see attached file.Assignment
Understand how screens in an EHR relate to data management and standardization. Standardizing things like font and button or toolbar placement creates consistency when users are interacting with screens and navigating through the EHR
Create a document that defines some screen standards to ensure that all screens in the EHR have the same look and feel. When screens are standardized and consistent, it improves user experience and efficiency.
Criteria for Success:
10 Points Possible
· 5 points for defining at least 5 standards for EHR screens
· 5 points for defining how those standardizations will improve the user experience and efficiency
This example contains a screenshot of a screen from an actual EHR and details about how the screen is formatted. Your task is to use this as an example to define rules that will create a standard look and feel for all screens in the EHR.Screen Design Standards
With adherence to these standards, both the user community and support staff will receive the following benefits:
· Improve user satisfaction.
· Facilitate training.
Anatomy of a Screen
This screen displays many of the features described in this document.
· Capitalize the first letter of the first word and all major words. All other letters are in lower case.
· The screen title group is the only one with a type T literal on a screen.
· Use fly-by- help for step-by-step instructions, instead of on-screen instructions (unless the instructions are on a help screen).
· Example: “Press OK to send…”
· Do not use underscore characters to make ruled lines.
· Avoid slashes. Rethink the literal so that slashes are not needed.
xe “Screen Titles”Screen Titles
· Do not use the word “Screen” in the screen title.
· When more than one screen is required to complete a process, append the text
– (Screen # of #) to indicate the user’s current location in the process.
(Screen 2 of 3)
· Use a colon at the end of the field literal.
· Use normal font.
· Left justify literals for the fields that are part of a group
xe “Screen Literal Standards: Consistency issues”
· Delete references to numbers where they are used for selection of a line.
· Example: Some screens have instructions e.g. “Enter Order Detail #”.
· Don’t abbreviate column headings if possible.
Abbreviations XE “Abbreviations” t ”
See Field Naming Conventions”
· Abbreviations of single words should be initial caps and then lowercase.
Example: Service = ‘Srvc’ Provider = ‘Prov’
· Abbreviations of several words should be all caps
Example: Middle Initial = MI.
· Don’t use periods in abbreviations unless absolutely necessary to avoid confusion.
The following illustration (figure 1.2) is a visual example of standards described below.
· Screen flow and layout
· Groups and group frames
· Field placement and literals
Sample EHR Data Entry Screen 2
Navigation Within a Screen XE “Navigation within a Screen”
· Identify the user group: are they primarily mouse or keyboard users?
· Place the most important data or function at the top left.
· The logical workflow should be from the top left of the screen to bottom right.
· Provide command buttons (or scrollbars) that are appropriate on each screen: Save or Save and Continue, OK, Back or Cancel or Close, Next, previous, Right, Left
xe ” Buttons: Button size”
· Try to make every button the same width in a button group.
· If buttons on any one screen have literals of widely varied lengths, use no more than 2 sui
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.