Please use the Article Title and Resource Sign Up Assignment 3 for this assignment.
Be sure to read through the article summary PDF before doing the assignment to ensure the requirements are being met.
This is the link for the book, you gonna need it to find the chapter
*Assignment 3 Requirements (PDF)
*Assignment 3 Rubric (PDF)FIN4324 Assignment 3 Rubric
Item 1 Met both
Met 1 of the 2
Item 2 Met both
Met 1 of the 2
Item 3 Accurate
Item 4 Met both
Met 1 of the 2
(0 points)The Federal Reserve is redefining central banking.
By Nick Timiraos and Jon Hilsenrath
Wall Street Journal, May 27,2020
The question of who gets the money, what criteria to use when selecting on who to lend money and the risk associated has been there for the past decade in the central bank. Due to the corona virus pandemic, the federal bank reserve is expanding in its performance by issuing more public debt. The central bank has created new bond and loan programs that will enable the general public borrow loans therefore expanding the Federal Reserve. The expansion of the Federal Reserve is associated with risks such as the some of the plans to expand wont, some politicians will take advantage of the programs and benefit themselves and there will be public discontent about the bonds and loans being issued.
This move is aimed at easing the lending restrictions so as to increase the amount of money lent out to institutions and circulating in the economy. This will mitigate the risk of a failing and crumbling economy as well as help citizens access credit more easily as well. This means that there will be more money in circulation and the interest rates will not necessarily increase due to external factors. However, there has been debate on the risks associated with the FRB issuing out additional credit to the market. Political advantage whereby politicians might benefit themselves with the money meant to boast the economy is one such risk that is envisaged in the article.
Association to specific chapter material and concepts
Chapter Two – The Impact of Government Policy and Regulation on the Financial-Services Industry
2.2 Banking Regulation
Concept from the textbook
Federal Reserve System
• Supervises and regularly examines all state-chartered member banks and bank holding companies operating in the United States and acts as the “umbrella supervisor” for financial holding companies (FHCs) that are now allowed to combine banking, insurance, and securities activities under common ownership.
• Imposes reserve requirements on deposits (Regulation D).
• Must approve all applications of member banks to merge, establish branches, or exercise trust powers.
• Charters and supervises international banking corporations operating in the United States and U.S. bank activities overseas.
Reasons for choosing this article
This article is relevant with the current world facing the corona virus pandemic that has affected most financial institutions. The Federal Reserve System has enabled various financial sector to be able to lend money to the public in spite of the pandemic. The central bank is looking forward t expanding its portfolio an action that will be twice the size reached in the year 2007 financial crisis. Issuing of bonds and loans is one way that the central bank uses to stabilize the markets and the economy hence reserves play an important role.
Important points or lessons learned
This read inspAssignment 3 Requirements
For your third assignment you will need to summarize a recent article, which should be
different than your first two articles and relate to the following topics:
* The Future of Banking and Financial Services (Trends and Outlook)
* Cultivating Banking Culture and Strategy for Innovation and Transformation
* Managing the Future of Banking in a Global Marketplace
Your article summary should relate to one of these topics. At least one of these key
topics should be discussed in your article.
Here is what you need to do for this activity:
1) Find an article in one of the resources listed on the syllabus (Wall Street Journal,
Business Week, Economist and American Banker) or similar publications that relates to
these topics. It needs to be a recent article (no older than May 1, 2020). A) List the
title of your article, the date and the name of your resource in the sign-up sheet to
avoid duplications B) Then, underline or highlight your selected topic in the article.
2) Provide a brief description for the specific topic discussed in your selected article (use
your textbook description). For example, if the article discusses mobile wallet you
should include its definition: mobile wallet is an emerging payment type that uses
smartphones and tablets equipped with near field communication (NFC) or a bar code
e.g. Apple Pay. B) Provide a full copy of the article (links are not acceptable). (20
3) Summarize the article and state the reason(s) for your selection. Summary should be at
least two hundred words and reflect the article accurately. (40 points)
4) A) List its association to specific chapter material or concepts in your textbook.
B) List some important points or lessons learned from this article. (20 points)
A sample article has been posted in the “Assignment 1 Dropbox” in the Assignments
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.