Your Responsive Leadership in Social Services textbook addresses a number of elements that have been identified through research as having a significant impact on leadership and work environments. These factors include trust, integrity, respect, empathy, and safety. Your textbook also covers other key factors in motivation and engagement, including needs, values, goals, and strengths.
Riverbend City ® Activity
An important part of leadership in the human services is managing resistance to change within an organization, no matter what the nature of the organization might be. This resistance can take many forms, and be directed both inward and outward. To be effective, a leader must know how to guide staffers through both varieties.
In the simulations associated with this course, you’ll encounter both kinds of resistance. You’ll assume the role of a case worker at the Riverbend City Boys’ & Girls’ Club, serving as project manager for a major upcoming event that will require cooperation with a number of local organizations.
Email from Jayme Young
From: Jayme Young, Executive Director, Boys and Girls’ Club RBC
Subject: Fundraising Event
I wanted to thank you again for agreeing to spearhead our organizational efforts for the fundraising concert! I’m excited to see what you can do with this.
Just to make sure all of our bases are covered, I’d like to lay out where we’re at with this, so that you have one easy place to look back to if you need any details. First off, this is all in service of our upcoming Northside Youth Rising initiative, which is intended to prevent youth violence and generally keep kids in school. Since this is such a huge undertaking, we’ll be partnering with the a couple of other Riverbend City nonprofits, the Riverbend Services Consortium and Second Chance Riverbend; outside of the nonprofit community, the coalition will include Elm Creek Lutheran Church, St. Francis Borgia Catholic Church, Crandall Manufacturing, Franzen InterTech, and liaisons from the Riverbend City school system and the Hennsey County juvenile justice system. Needless to say, that’s a lot of moving parts to manage.
Kicking this all off will be the Northside Blues Blowout fundraising concert; that’s where you come in. We’ve never tried anything at this level of size or complexity before, and I want to make sure we’re ready. I have absolute trust in your ability to project-manage the concert. However, I do worry about our ability as an organization to all pull the oars at the same time, if you catch my drift. We’re not going to be able to coordinate very well with a bunch of external entities if we’re not functioning as a team. To that end, I’d feel a lot better about this if you could do sort of an informal stakeholder survey, just talk to people around the hall and see if people seem like they’re in the right frame of mind to do this. After you’ve done this, I’d love to get your read on what people are saying and what kind of situation this all adds up to.
Thanks- we’re counting on you!
Fundraising and Development Officer
Of course, I’m very excited for the initiative overall and for the benefit concert in particular. Actually, it’s the concert I’m the most excited for- I want to help pick the
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.