Evaluation Title: Exploring Databases and Creating a Research Strategy
This assignment will develop your understanding of how to best use the databases that are located within the Herzing University Library.
Please download the Unit 4 Assignment Worksheet (below) to your computer. Navigate to the Herzing University Library. Follow the directions and answer the questions on the worksheet.
Your assignment submission should be a Word document that fully adheres to the instructions listed above. Be sure to proofread your assignment. This assignment is worth a possible 70 points.
Exploring Databases and Being Strategic When Conducting Research
Part 1: Exploring the Databases
1. Go the Canvas Student Resource center and access the Library. Find the Databases section and select the Go to A-Z List icon.
How many databases are in the list? ________
2. Change the All Subjects menu dropdown to correspond to your field of study at Herzing.
(For example if you are an Accounting major, select Business; if you are a Criminal Justice major, select Public Safety; if you are a Medical Assistant major, select Healthcare; if you are a Nursing major, select Nursing, etc.)
List your field of study/major at Herzing University: ________________________
List the corresponding subject from All Subjects dropdown: _________________________
How many databases are in the list? __________
3. Go back to the Databases section of the Library and notice that the same Subjects are listed. Once again, select your subject area; browse the list of databases available.
If you were assigned to write a paper about the most current issue facing your profession, which database would you select to conduct research on this topic and why?
Database name: ______________________________________________________
Explain why you chose this database:
4. Go back to the A to Z list. Once again, select Clear Filters.
Using the “Letter” menu select “P” to jump to that section, and scroll until you find ProQuest Central and select it.
This database will open up to the Basic Search Page.
Enter search terms related to a medical topic of your choice.
List your keywords/search terms: ________________________________________
5. Click on the “I” next to Peer Reviewed.
What process do peer-reviewed publications go through?
Who authors scholarly journals?
6. Check the box next to Peer Reviewed (for this step leave Full Text unchecked) and run your search.
How many results are displayed? _____________
7. Now limit to “full-text” by doing one of the following: either check the box for full-text and hit search OR look for Full-Text in the left margin under Narrow results and click that.
How many results are displayed after applying this limit? _______
8. Scroll down to below where you are allowed to adjust the date range, on the left-hand side of the screen. What is listed there are ways you can narrow your search. Please list two of these options.
List two options:
9. Find a result that is of interest to you and select the blue title words to reveal more details about the article.
In this view of the article notice the tools at the right for downloading the PDF (if available) as well as Cite, Email, Print, and Save. Select “Cite”
Explain what the Cite button does:
10. Close out of this database and return to the A to Z List. Once again, select Clear Filters.
In the “All Subjects” drop-down menu, select Business. You will see a “Best Bets!” section at t
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.