I need a 12-14 page APA formatted concept paper. Please follow the example precisely.
Topic: Counseling Families of Special Needs Children
Running head: ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS
An Empirical Research Study on Alcoholics Anonymous Statistical Effectiveness
Wayland Baptist University
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS 2
List of Nomenclature
Abstinence: The practice of restraining from alcohol.
Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): A fellowship of men and women who share their experience,
strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to
recover from alcoholism.
Assessment: A total evaluation of the program through each of the participants’ responses.
Experimental group: The group that receives the treatment during the study.
Percent Days Abstinent (PDA): Self-reported drinking data for the recorded time frames.
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS 3
After 85 years of Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), results have been recorded to prove and
confirm its effectiveness. Testimony after testimony has revealed satisfactory results from
current and former members. Nonetheless, on the contrary, experts have challenged the 12-step
hegemony. It is proclaimed that if the program does not work, it is the participant’s lack of
interest in committing fully to the program. Although this could be the reason for the lack of
effectiveness in the participants, what if the program itself is insufficient to transform people’s
This research study seeks to understand and determine the overall effectiveness of one of
the most common and successful addiction recovery organizations in the nation. The primary
focus of the study will be to test the traditional 12-step program since is the core of their
treatment process. The study will also target their main philosophy which is to help the alcohol-
struggling individual to stop drinking, maintain sobriety, and find holistic healing of the mind,
body, and spirit. However, taking recovery ownership is a very difficult journey that not all those
who participate in the program get to enjoy. Thus, the focus of the study is to determine the
success rate of middle-age adults who will participate in the program for a year. Their Percent
Days Abstinent (PDA) will be measure at certain time frames and will be recorded for data
An experimental group of alcohol-dependent adults will be assessed during a time frame
of 18 months to measure the effectiveness of AA. Participants will attend closed meetings twice
a week for 12 months and commit to a trial period of 6 months for a final evaluation of their total
ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS 4
results. Participants will be asked to meet with a counselor at their cite after concluding sessions
in order to record data.
The participants in this study are individuals who self-identified as alcohol-dependent
adults. The group consists of 30 men and 30 women between the ag
*Online library for Liberty University and University of Phoenix
* Definition of terms – 10-12 that are to be put in own terms/definitions
*Do not need a Table of Contents or Abstract Page
* Introduction should be 4-5 sentences.
* Chapter 1 – How the paper is planned out; what research method is planned on being used.
* Chapter 2 Literature review – Gleam from what you learned, where you got the material and a summary statement.
* Chapter 3 Methodology – Give a more summarized summary of how the methodology went.
* Bibliography of References – 6-8 references (only the ones used)
* Make sure the questions are probative
The Concept Paper
(The Big Class Project)
In this course, you will need to acquire both the skills to effectively read research and the skills
to be at least a beginner in writing research. The best way to learn to do both is to complete a
research project and write it.
But there’s a problem with that approach…it takes (usually) a lot more time than is available in
a single semester, and certainly more time than is available in an eight-week term.
So instead of creating a full research study, collecting data, analyzing it, and writing the results,
we will complete what is commonly called a “Concept Paper.”
This isn’t an unnecessary short cut. All research projects will have some type of concept paper.
This is a short summary explaining what the project is, why it is important, and how it will be
carried out. The concept paper also reveals to the researcher where there are voids in thinking,
gaps in planning, and holes in the process. Research can’t be done on the fly. It must be
carefully planned. Researchers never know what the data will reveal to them, but they always
must know how the will go about collecting, analyzing, and reporting the data.
Typically, a concept paper contains…
1. …a clear description of the research topic, including what is already known about the
2. …a primary, one-sentence research question. (Often, there will be additional secondary
research questions as well.) The concept paper should connect the primary question to
the existing literature.
3. …a demonstration and explanation of why it is important to answer the research
question. This might include things like: (a) what good comes of the answer? (b) why is
this project worth anyone’s time? (c) why should this topic be of interest to others in my
field of study?
4. …a description of how you plan to answer the research question. This might include
a. an outline of how the proposed project will be logically structured
b. a description of the data that you plan to collect or use
c. a description of how you will collect or gather these data
d. a description of where you will gather or collect these data
e. a description of how you will analyze these data, including statistical tools
5. …a statement of the limitations of this research, specifically things it cannot discover (and
6. …a summary of any ethical issues you expect to arise in the research process.
7. …a bibliography.
Concept papers will typically use three to seven typed pages (around 750 to 2000 words), but
may vary from that somewhat. In any case, the point of the paper is to provide a clear
summary of the research project. It should enable a casual reader to understand what you are
investigating, why it is important, and how the investigation will proceed.
For the purposes of CNSL 5302 (this class), we will divide the concept paper into three chapters.
The first chapter will include all the introductory material,
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.