Need a research methodology and analysis report in APA with the information from the M9_Homework_Market attachment. The requirements are in the M9_Assignment attachment.
Running head: Module 9 Research Roundtable 1
Module 9 Research Roundtable 4
I. General Topic:
Human factors in aviation mishaps.
II. Research Objective:
The purpose of this study is to see why human factors play such a big role in aviation accidents/incidents.
III. Research Questions:
Why are human factors the leading cause of aviation accidents?
What are some of the most common human errors that affect the aviation industry?
IV. List and label the dependent and independent variables
· Fatigue, lack of sleep, stress
· Mishaps due to human factors
· Accidents related to fatigue
· Human factors for all employees
V. State the null and alternate hypotheses.
There is no change in incidents for companies that apply human factors in their training.
There is a decrease in incidents for companies that apply human factors in their training.
I. Who would be the population for your study?
Everyone involved in the aviation industry. Air traffic controllers, maintenance personnel, aircrew, supervisors and managers that are involved in aviation accidents/mishaps.
II. What would constitute an appropriate sample?
An appropriate sample would be randomly selected accidents that were caused due to human factors. The data must be as close to 100% accurate due to the NTSB, investigating accidents to see the root cause and my sample size will be at least 20 accidents that were directly caused by human factors.
I. What methods would be appropriate for collecting data to answer this question/these questions?
There are numerous ways to collect data to answer these questions. One example would be to look at the annual statistics on how many accidents occur each year due to human factors. Then we can target a specific group. For example, the maintainers specifically, we could look at the data to see how maintenance accidents are caused by human factors then look at those numbers compared to the whole picture.
II. Why are these methods appropriate/effective?
These methods are appropriate and effective because the data is from trusted resources and very accurate. The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) has to be as close as 100% accurate when investigating mishaps and accidents to prevent them from happening again.
III. What is an alternative method of data collection for this question/these questions?
One alternate method of data collection for my research question would be to make use of random variable sampling. For example, I could focus on certain aviation companies like Boeing, and Sikorsky instead of just looking at all accidents related to human factors.
References that need to be used in the paper
Boeing. (n.d.). AERO – MEDA Investigation Process. https://www.boeing.com/commercial/aeromagazine/articles/qtr_2_07/article_03_2.html.
FAA . (n.d.). Human Factors . AMT_Handbook_Addendum_Human_Factors. https://www.faasafety.gov/files/gslac/courses/content/
Your report must contain the following sections (use these sections as headings in your paper). APA formatting standards must be followed throughout.
· Study Design – This is an overview section that includes information from your previous assignments. You should repeat the research question and hypotheses from your literature review assignment here, then briefly tell what type of study you would do, what type of data you would collect, and summarize how you would collect and analyze the data. Most of these points are covered in more detail in later sections.
· Population and Sample – This is a short section describing the population for your report, your sample, and how your sample will be selected.
· Variables and Measures – Describe the variables in your study. Indicate whether they are independent, dependent, moderating, or intervening. Describe the relationship between the variables. Tell how they will be measured.
· Data Collection Methods – Tell what kind of data you need to collect and how, where, and when you will collect the data. If you plan to use a survey or questionnaire, include a copy of that instrument in an appendix to your report. Also, include a copy of your cover letter for your survey. If you plan to interview, tell if it would be structured or unstructured and why. If it is a structured interview, include the questions you would ask in an appendix to the report.
· Data Analysis Methods – Describe the techniques you will use to analyze the data. Indicate why you selected those methods and why they are appropriate. You must be specific and detailed in identifying and justifying the processes and statistical tests you will use in the analysis of your data.
· References – Your report must contain a reference section that includes all sources in your paper. References must be in APA format.
Submit your Research Methodology and Analysis Report by the end of the module week. Be sure to address all the required elements listed thoroughly. Your document is required to be in current APA format and free of grammar and spelling errors.
Save your assignment using a naming convention that includes your first and last name and the activity number (or description). Do not add punctuation or special characters.
Your paper will automatically be evaluated through Turnitin when you submit your assignment in this activity. Turnitin is a service that checks your work for improper citation or potential plagiarism by comparing it against a database of web pages, student papers, and articles from academic books and publications. Ensure that your work is entirely your own and that you have not plagiarized any material!
This activity supports
Module Objective 3 and Learning Outcomes 5, 6.
RSCH 202 M9 Research Methodology & Analysis Report Rubric
RSCH 202 M9 Research Methodology & Analysis Report Rubric
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeStudy Design
Problem and hypothesis are correc
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.