Presentation Write up and poster presentation for organic chemistry
CHM256Lab Summer 2021
Date of Presentation
1.) Structure of the proposed derivative of the therapeutic drug. (5 pts)
2.) Rationale for the proposed derivative based on a paper published* (3 pts)
3.) Synthesis of the derivative with the appropriate reagent/s. (5 pts)
4.) Mechanism of the proposed synthesis. (5 pts)
5.) Purification procedure. (5 pts)
6.) Description of 3 methods/tests to confirm structure of derivative. (15 pts)
7.) Presentation of content in the slide (organization). (2 pts)
CHM 256 Lab
Presentation Write-Up and Poster Presentation
The goal of this exercise is to learn how to search online for information and develop your own ideas to be
creative, and apply the knowledge and techniques learned in Organic Chemistry I/II.
1. Presentation Write-up (30 pts) – Submitted in Brightspace
Topic: Current Potential Drug Therapeutic for COVID-19
2. Poster Presentation (40 pts) – Submitted in Brightspace
Topic: Derivatization of Potential Drug Therapeutic for COVID-19
CHM 256 Lab
Search online 2 relevant articles (peer-reviewed journals) to support discussion of the topic. Do not copy/paste
(or plagiarize) contents or texts (except molecular structures) from the source, but explain in your own words
the information. Please submit as a pdf file on or before due date.
Format of Write-up: typewritten, 5 pages maximum, double space, font (Calibri, 12), Sentences should be
grammatically correct, in the passive voice and third person. Avoid using personal pronouns such as I, me, my,
A. Current Potential Drug Therapeutic for COVID-19
Search for 1 therapeutic drug that could be a potential treatment for COVID-19. The drug should be an organic
molecule and not an antibody nor a protein.
a.) Please email me your choice of drug therapeutic before starting. No duplicates (first come, first serve). You
will search for another drug therapeutic if one of your classmates already chose the molecule that you
selected before you.
b.) Copy/paste the structure of the drug.
c.) Describe its potential mechanism of therapeutic action based on a 2020 or 2021 published article.
d.) Search for another article describing experimental details of a synthetic step (possibly from a multi-step
synthesis) of your chosen drug therapeutic. This article could have been published before 2020. An original
paper is not a review paper (this does not have experimental details).
e.) Copy/paste that one synthesis step.
f.) Describe the experimental procedure of that one step in your own words (passive voice), explain the
reactions, and the use of the reagents.
g.) Draw out the mechanism of this one synthesis step by using curved arrows (can be handwritten).
h.) Attach the entire published synthesis article being described at the end of your paper.
Note: Know how to append a picture/diagram to create 1 whole document instead of emailing multiple pictures,
and this will make your paper look more professional. You can also attach the original article (1 synthesis
paper) and consolidate it with your write-up as 1 pdf file.
Criteria (Rubrics) for Grading Write-up:
1.) Structure of Drug (4 pts)
2.) Mechanism of therapeutic action against COVID-19 (5 pts)
3.) One synthesis step selected with the original paper attached with this
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.