Read/review the following resources for this activity:
· Textbook: Chapter 7, 8
· Lesson 3
· APA style manual
· Citation and Writing Assistance: Writing Papers At CU
· Library Overview
· How to Search for Articles – the Everything Tab
Social Movements are only as important as the person leading them. The person(s) leading a social movement must have charisma and be able to captivate an audience. Political scientists and historians are taught to analyze body language, especially during debates and speeches.
For this assignment, you will watch Dr Martin Luther King’s I Have a Dream (Links to an external site.) speech and a speech by Alicia Garza of the Black Lives Matter movement (Links to an external site.) and answer questions listed below. Pay special attention to the following aspects in the two speeches.
· Importance of body language while delivering the speech.
· Gestures, cadence and delivery style.
Answer the following
1. Provide a summary of the two speeches.
2. Compare Dr. King’s leadership, charisma, power and passion to capture his audience to Alicia Garza’s speech. What are the similarities, if any? What are the differences, if any?
3. How does the location of the speeches support their messaging? Dr. King’s speech was held in a church and at the Lincoln Memorial, whereas today we have social networking and more avenues to relay messages. Does messaging make a difference?
4. Describe how the audience in Dr. King’s speeches relate to the Alicia Garza’s audience. Do you see a similarity or differences in the speeches and in the audience?
Paper Requirements (APA format)
· Length: 2-3 pages of substantive content
· 12 pt font
· Parenthetical in-text citations included and formatted in APA style
· References page (a minimum of 2 outside scholarly sources plus the textbook and/or the weekly lesson for each course outcome) .
· Title and introduction pages are present.
This activity will be graded based on the Written Assignment Grading Rubric.
Course Outcomes (CO): 2, 4, 6
Due Date: By 11:59 p.m. MT on Sunday
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.