The key to this paper is to demonstrate your understanding of the topics, not to re-word the text or reference material. Paper must be 100% original and not plagiarized.
Please complete the scenario below following these guidelines for your deliverable.
Attached is the chapter from the textbook for your reference.
You have been hired as a consultant to secure all network devices for a large firm.
1. Describe the steps you would take to determine the needs of the organization (the discovery of the network devices)
2. Detail the countermeasures (and tools) you would put in place.
*******(Note: You are not limited to following the steps/countermeasures described in your textbook. If there are additional steps you would take please list them and explain why you are taking them.)
Paper must be a minimum of 2 pages double spaced
Make sure you are using at least two (2) academic APA references.
This submission should be created following APA 6th edition guidelines.
The paper is to follow the APA style guide, Sixth Edition
4 Developing a Risk Management Plan
A RISK MANAGEMENT PLAN is a specialized type of project management. You apply
many of the same techniques to risk management that you would when managing any project. At
the core is the need to plan. As the old saying goes, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail. Without a
risk management plan, failure is much more likely than success.
A well-documented risk management plan helps ensure you are able to reach your desired
goal. Primarily, you create a risk management plan to mitigate risks. This plan helps you identify
the risks and choose the best solutions. It also helps you track the solutions to ensure they are
implemented on budget and on schedule. A fully implemented plan will include a plan of action
and milestones (POAM). You can then use the POAM to track the project.
Chapter 4 Topics
This chapter covers the following topics and concepts:
• What the objectives of a risk management plan are
• What the scope of a risk management plan is
• How to assign responsibilities in a risk management plan
• How procedures and schedules are described in the risk management plan
• What the reporting requirements are
• What a plan of action and milestones is
• How to chart the progress of a risk management plan
Chapter 4 Goals
When you complete this chapter, you will be able to:
• Describe the objectives of a risk management plan
• Describe the purpose of a plan’s scope
• Identify the importance of assigning responsibilities
• Describe the purpose of the procedures list in a risk management plan
• List reporting requirements of a risk management plan
• Document findings of a risk management plan
• Create a plan of action and milestones
• Identify a milestone plan chart
• Identify a Gantt chart and define a critical path chart
Objectives of a Risk Management Plan
One of the important first steps for a risk management plan is to establish the objectives. The
objectives become the road map for your plan. They help you identify where you’re going and,
just as important, they help you know when you’ve arrived. You should establish objectives for
the plan as early as possible.
The objectives identify the goals of the project. These objectives outline what you should
include in the plan. Some common objectives for a risk management plan are:
• A list of threats
• A list of vulnerabilities
• Costs associated with risks
• A list of recommendations to reduce the risks
• Costs associated with recommendations
• A cost-benefit analysis
• One or more reports
While the reports document the above items, the risk management plan doesn’t end there. Once
top managers receive a report, they will be able to make decisions based on the data. They will
accept some recommendations. They may modify some. And they may defer some.
The next phase of the risk management plan covers implementation of the pla
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.