This will be a final exercise to explain to your instructor and classmates who you are, why you are in college and what you hope to gain from your college experience. What are your goals and values? Also, where did you learn your values and goals?
What gifts do you have to contribute to this world, and how can you align those gifts with your career of choice?
5 Ways to Discover Your Unique Gifts
To discover your unique talents and special gifts, consider the following:
1. How did you love to spend your time as a child? What did you enjoy doing the most? How would you pass the days and what types of activities were exciting to you?
2 . What are you passionate about as an adult? What lights you up and gets you totally motivated? What kinds of things do you enjoy geeking out on? When you lose track of time, what are you doing?
3. What is important to you about life? When you think about the different areas of life (e.g., health, career, family, relationship, personal development, spirituality/religion, fun), make a list of all the things that are important to you in each of these categories. Combined, they represent your life values—what is important to you about life in general. Knowing your values helps direct you toward things that are important to you at the unconscious level and can lead you to finding your passion and purpose.
If you find that you’re still struggling to identify your specialty, here are a couple options for deeper exploration:
4. Analyze your assessment results from previous lessons in this course.
5. Ask your family, friends, and co-workers. Think of the five people you spend the most time with and identify one or two things that those people are gifted at. You should be able to come up with at least one talent or gift each person has or does that is unique to them. Likewise, the people who know you well or whom you spend the most time with will easily be able to share with you the qualities they see as being your strengths. So just ask around.
(Links to an external site.)
Resource: https://chopra.com/articles/self-worth-5-ways-to-identify-your-unique-gifts (Links to an external site.)
Please upload a presentation with at least five slides and no more than eight. An example template is shown below. Please be creative, don’t be afraid to use color, photos and design!
Slide 1 – Title
Slide 2 – My Values, where I learned them
Slide 3 – My Short term goals 2-4 years
Slide 4 – My Long term goals – 5-10 years
Slide 5 – My gifts to offer this world! (learned from assessment, family and self analysis) For example, are you outgoing and love to work with people, or a nurturing caregiver, do you excel at teaching or coaching others, or are you more introverted and want to offer your gifts more independently, like accounting, or building computers, or researching? The sky is the limit here, think about how your gift would fit into a career so that you can make a living doing something you enjoy and offer to the world.
This is a discussion, so please comment on a least one classmates presentation to earn full credit.
If your don’t have Microsoft PowerPoint, as a Los Rios student you can use your Los Rios Single Sign On, log into your google drive and create a presentation there!
If you have not created a presentation before: here is a helpful video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUqIDs5MZxM (Links to an external site.)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.