Module 03 Assignment- Interventions to Promote an Environment of Safety
Purpose of the Assignment
Identify strategies to reduce the risk for injury to clients in various environments.
· Select appropriate nursing interventions when providing multidimensional care to clients experiencing alterations in mobility.
· Strategies for safe effective multidimensional nursing practice when providing care for clients experiencing sensory and perception disorders.
In a one page Word Document, plan interventions with rationale which will promote an environment of safety for the described client below. Consider the client’s medical history and medications.
Mr. Joe Smith, 75-year old man, recently suffered a left cerebrovascular accident. He has right visual field deficits and residual weakness in this right arm and leg. He uses a walker for mobility. He takes Metoprolol for his blood pressure and the physician started him on Coumadin because he has recently been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation.
*Use at least two scholarly sources to support your interventions and rationale. Be sure to cite your sources in-text and on a reference page using APA format.
*Find 5 or more (scroll to the bottom of this document, mastery is MORE than 5) interventions with rationales, they EACH must be cited with literature
*Do NOT copy and paste, turn in Grammarly report. Plagiarism score <15% You can find useful reference materials for this assignment in the School of Nursing Guide https://guides.rasmussen.edu/nursing/referenceebooks Have questions about APA? Visit the online APA Guide https://guides.rasmussen.edu/apa Planned safety interventions Rationale Example 1 Keep clutter out of walkways and arrange furniture to provide wide walking areas. To prevent Mr. Smith from stumbling during ambulation with his walker. He has a visual impairment and may not see furniture, throw pillows, rugs, or books in his way. Wilkinson, Treas, Barnett & Smith (2016) recommend clutter-free walkways for adults with limited mobility. Example 2 He should wear an armband identification for Coumadin In the event of falls, Hull, Garcia &Vazquez (2019) indicate that patients on Coumadin (blood thinner) may bleed internally, even when there are no visible injuries. The identification band will make all staff aware of his risks, and all falls should be reported to his health care provider. 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. References Hull, R. D., Garcia, D. A., & Vazquez, S. R. (2019). Patient education: Warfarin (Coumadin) (beyond the basics). Retrieved July 25, 2020, from https://www.uptodate.com/contents/warfarin-coumadin-beyond-the-basics Total Assessment Points - 30 Levels of Achievement Criteria Emerging Competence Proficiency Mastery
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.