For this assignment, you will watch four videos and conduct research on gender and transgender individuals, then answer the following questions. Your response should be at least 500 words. Follow the instructions for paper formatting in your syllabus (heading, double-spacing, font).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJw3s85EcxM (Links to an external site.)
1. What is gender dysphoria?
2. Summarize the stories of Josie and the other children in the Vice episode.
3. Discuss the theories on Socialization presented by George Mead and Charles Cooley found in the Chapter on Socialization of your textbook (The Self and Interaction) and explain how transgender children may face difficulty based on these theories. The section of the text is called, “Explaining Socialization”.
4. Let’s reflect on cultural differences. Who are the Fa’afafine? Who are Sworn Virgins (in Albania)? Explain how gender is defined within each culture.
Sworn Virgins: https://youtu.be/3UUikqpotiE
CITE YOUR SOURCES.
Transgender Kids Journal
Transgender Kids Journal
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeDefinition of gender identity disorder
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSummary transgender kids’ stories
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeSummary and connection to The Looking-glass Self, Mind, Self &Society
This criterion is linked to a Learning OutcomeLet’s reflect on cultural differences. Who are the Fa’afafine? Who are Sworn Virgins (in Albania)? Explain how gender is defined within each culture.
Total Points: 75
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.