Read the Ethical Dilemma, and share your thoughts by answering the following ethical question also posed at the end of the story: Anything for a BUC (PDF)
What should you do? When answering the question elaborate, expand upon, and support your thoughts.
Anything for (a) BUC
The bank of Universal City (BUC) is a medium-size state banking organization that is located in
Louisiana. BUC offers a good variety of products and services, including checking and savings
accounts, a bill-paying service, credit cards, business consulting, insurance, and investing services.
The CEO of BUC, Chuck Charles, has publicly stated that he intends to grow the bank’s assets by 15
percent annually for the next five years. Although 15 percent is a fairly robust growth rate, it is not
an impossible goal for BUC. n fact, last year, which was the first year the plan was implemented, the
bank’s assets grew nearly 20 percent. However, much of the growth occurred because there was a
significant increase in population when a large manufacturing firm relocated to Universal City 18
With only three weeks remaining in the current fiscal year, Mr. Charles is concerned that actual
growth for the year will fall well short of what is needed to keep the bank on track to achieve it’s
overall growth projections. As a result, Mr. Charles has instructed the vice president in charge of
Univest, which is the investment management division of BUC, to find a way to increase the amount
of investment funds the bank currently manages.
As the assistant to the vice president of Univest, you are responsible for sales and thus get paid a
commission for the funds the division manages. Your boss and the CEO of BUC gave you names
(leads) of persons and organizations they think are good prospects for Univest. After contacting the
prospects, you discover the only one who seems interested is Rudolph Radcliff, the head of a radical
religious organization based in Universal City. It has been rumored that the organization, which is
called Righteous Freedom Choice (RFC) funds foundations based in countries that are not friendly to
the United States. It is suspected that some of the organizations RFC sponsors support terrorists
activities around the world. A few days ago, a colleague told you that he thought RFC would be
moving its funds to a new investment organization because the firm that currently manages the funds
refused to continue as its investment adviser; it was discovered that the funds had been received
from organizations that are involved in illicit activities. This information was reported to your
colleague during a conversation that he had with two prominent businesspersons at a charity gala the
previous weekend. Your colleague noted, however, that the tone of the conversation suggested that
the two businesspersons were not on friendly terms with Mr. Radcliff.
When your colleague relayed this information to you, you did not ask questions, such as the names of
the businesspersons, because you didn’t expect to be involved with RFC. Now, you need to make a
decision whether to pursue RFC’s funds to help Univest and BUC meet their growth objectives.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.