Homework Assignment 11 (25 points)
You must show work to get credit. Partial credit is available for correct steps toward the
answer. No outside assistance. Get help on different, related problems.
0. (5 points) Correct submission format, and not submitted super late.
Instructions for 1-3:
Sketch the graph of the function and determine whether it is one-to-one, and
demonstrate how you used the horizontal line test.
(3 points each)
1. f (x)=√100−x2
3. k(x)=−x2−4x+10 ,x≥0 (Hint: Remember that the vertex
is at -b/2a. You could graph the whole parabola to get an idea, but remember to delete the part
outside of the specified domain.)
Instructions for 4-5
In the book, a basic exponential function f has the form f (x)=ax for some
a>0 ,a≠1 . We’re going to look at a few functions which are transformations of basic
exponential functions. For example, g(t)=100⋅2t−2+60 is built from the basic exponential
function b(t)=2t .
a. Specify the basic exponential function from which the function is built. Graph
the basic exponential function. Include the horizontal asymptote, where the output variable is
b. Use transformations to graph the function itself. Include the new horizontal
(3 points each, instructions above)
6. (3 points) Graph f (x)=2x and f−1(x)=log2(x) on the same
axes. Label the two functions, include the axis of reflection y=x , and include the asymptotes.
Include at least three points from the from the graph of f .
7. (2 points) Use the change of base formula and one of the two
standard logarithms (base 10 or base e) to compute the value. You must show what you entered
into the calculator:
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.