Criminal Law – Week 3 Assignment
Shoulder Tap Crime
Most states make it a crime to purchase alcohol for a minor, sometimes called the shoulder tap crime, based on the typical manner a request by a minor for an adult to buy alcohol occurs. These crimes generally do not require proof that the defendant knew the person was underage.
· Should the same strict liability apply to a host of a party that is attended by both adults and minors, where alcohol at the private party is furnished to both?
· Should a host be able to offer evidence that he reasonably believed the minor was old enough to drink?
· Would it help your case if the jurisdiction made such a defense available to bars and liquor stores that required buyers to provide proof of age?
· Use the following case to help guide your analysis:
California Criminal Jury Instructions
Your analysis should be a minimum of two pages in length and follow APA formatting and citation guidelines.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.