Motivational interviewing is a versatile tool that can be used in many different helping professions and organizational contexts where change is desired. Before integrating motivational interviewing in an organization, it is useful to consider what conditions must be in place to be successful. For instance, practitioners working for the organization must willing to set aside their role as an expert in order to use motivational interviewing effectively. Furthermore, the service users with whom they regularly work must be grappling with some sort of change.
You will examine how to integrate motivational interviewing in a human services organization with which you are familiar. You also will consider how you would use the skills you learned in this course to promote positive personal and social change with your service users and within your community.
Review the Learning Resources on integrating motivational interviewing into human services organizations. Think about the conditions, considerations, and strategies for integrating motivational interviewing into different types of human services organizations.
Pay particular attention to the definition of social change. In addition, consider how motivational interviewing has been used to effect positive social change (e.g., improve services for needy families and survivors of intimate partner violence).
Reflect on your current human services organization or one that you would like to work for in the future. Think about how you could integrate motivational interviewing into the organization.
Consider how you could use motivational interviewing to promote positive personal and social change with service users and within your community as a whole.
Now that you have practiced the OARS skills in motivational interviewing, explain how you could integrate motivational interviewing into your current human services organization. If you do not currently work in a human services organization, explain how you could integrate motivational interviewing into an organization where you would like to work. Then, explain how you will apply the skills learned in this course to promote positive personal and social change with your service users and within your community. Be specific and use examples to illustrate your explanation.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.