Provide some background information from Activity 4.3: Final Project – Crime Analysis Unit: Section I – Introduction.
Describe the technology needs of the crime analysis unit.
Recommend which types of software the unit should purchase.
Justify the expense of the purchase. Why is the cost worthwhile? What is the benefit?
Running Head: CRIME ANALYSIS 1
Our police department has 12000 members who are equipped to maintain law and order
and protect the community members. The department also helps prevent crime and maintain
peace in the community through the elimination of crime. The police department is made up of
different ages, but the police department’s more significant proportion is between 18 years- 40
years. The police department comprises 60% males and 40% and is working towards achieving
gender equality. The department has diversity, 50% of the population comprises whites, and the
other 50% includes Hispanics and Black Americans. The department is made of 9000 sworn
officers, while the rest are civilian employees. The population of the jurisdiction has been
increasing over the past few years.
Crime in the community is very prevalent. Most people live in fear of certain types of
crime, including shootings, murder, sexual assault, robbery with violence, motor vehicle theft,
and burglary. Unfortunately, despite the efforts the department has made to help the community
have law and order, the crime rates in the community were higher in 2020 compared to 2021,
with more cases of theft and d that can be associated with the harsh economic conditions due to
the ongoing pandemic. The crime rates are currently at 31%, and the crimes that have higher
rates include motor vehicle theft which has become very common lately, robbery with violence,
and shootings (Ling et al., 2021). Unfortunately, the department also faces uniform crime
allegations where the police officers have been involved in sexual harassment and shootings of
innocent citizens, and racial discrimination. The number of such cases reported stands at 500
annually, and the department is working on eliminating such incidences.
Crime Analysis unit
A Crime Analysis Unit would be very beneficial to the police department so much and
will positively impact the department’s efficiency and effectiveness. The unit will help collect
and analyze crime information on the main primary crimes that affect the community. The
analysis unit will help rank the different crimes on the seriousness and the areas which are more
prone so that the department can assign more officers to the areas (Sanders & Condon, 2017).
The crime analysis unit will help the department predict crime rates depending on past data and
come up with appropriate interventions. The unit will help conduct various types of crime
analysis, including tactical crime analysis, strategic crime analysis, and administrative crime
analysis. The different types of analysis will play different roles in the department.
Tactical crime analysis will help analyze the immediate criminal offenses to develop
quick responses for the crimes. The tactical information will help track criminal offenders and
the provision of
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.