Definitions of Psychopathology
Read the Discussion Participation Scoring Guide to learn how the instructor will evaluate your discussion participation throughout this course.
The unit readings present several definitions of mental disorder and describe the ways in which concepts of abnormality have changed over time. For this discussion, address the following, using headings to match content in each bullet point:
What criteria would you use to evaluate whether a person’s behavior is normal or abnormal? Discuss both individual and systemic perspectives.
Explain how your own values and personal beliefs will impact the way you view some of the client’s behaviors, thoughts, or emotions as normal or abnormal. Use examples to illustrate your ideas.
Support your ideas with references to the course texts, articles from this learning unit, articles from the Optional Readings, or articles from peer-reviewed journals that you locate in the Capella University Library.
Respond to the discussion post of one other learner. What reactions do you have to the ideas the learner has presented? Include examples from your own experience to support your perspective, and raise questions to continue the dialogue.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
Identify the primary models of psychopathology.
Identify how cultural differences are relevant to diagnosis.
Explore how a systemic view impacts the assessment process.
Use language appropriate for a counseling professional.
Cite and reference resources, giving appropriate credit for another’s work.
Discussion Participation Scoring Guide.
Masters in Counseling – Research Guide.
Capella University Library.
APA Style and Format.
How Do I Find Peer-Reviewed Articles?.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.