a biopsychosocial of an individual of their choosing. A biopsychosocial history is a comprehensive assessment of an individual.
Students will complete a biopsychosocial of an individual of their choosing. A biopsychosocial history is a comprehensive assessment of an individual. The assessment does not have a specific length but should not exceed 10 double-spaced pages. It is expected that you will complete the assessment fully and in a professional manner. This includes paragraph form (no bullet points), complete descriptions, and using formal writing (without contractions, slang, etc.).
This assignment provides an opportunity for you to practice conceptualizing what you have learned (and are presumably still learning) in class. Social workers frequently complete assessments as part of their regular job description. This is an opportunity to complete an assessment and get feedback before doing one in a professional setting. All information included in the assessment should be from the client’s perspective and should avoid subjective opinions.
This assignment will also have a reflective component in which you will evaluate how well you were able to engage the client and use the interviewing skills studied in class.
Biopsychosocial assessments include the following:
· Identifying information (e.g., name, age, etc.)
· A history of the present circumstances (i.e., the presenting problem, symptoms)
· The past psychiatric and medical history of the client and the client’s family (e.g., injuries, operations, etc.)
· The client’s social history (e.g., overview of client’s childhood, family structure, etc.)
· A mental status exam and DSM-5 diagnosis
A formulation (e.g., a statement that summarizes and synthesizes the most important aspects of the case to create a story of the client and his or her past and presenting problems)
An example of what a Biopsychosocial Assessment outline can look like is:
I. Identifying Information
II. Reason for Referral/Presenting Problem
a. Summary of the presenting problem
b. Impact of the presenting problem (family, physical environment, economic, educational, occupational, physical/medical health, management of problem)
III. past psychiatric and medical history of client
a. past psychiatric and medical history of client’s family
IV. Social History
1. Overview of client’s childhood
1. Family Structure
V. Mental Status Exam
VI. DSM-V diagnosis
a. Assessment tools used for diagnosis
b. Diagnostic criteria of client
VII. Social Worker’s Assessment of Client
VIII. A formulation (e.g., a statement that summarizes and synthesizes the most important aspects of the case to create a story of the client and his or her past and presenting problems)
IX. The reflective component in which you will evaluate how well you were able to engage the client and use the interviewing skills studied in class.
Please see the descriptions listed below to guide your writing within each area:
This section should include information as the client’s as age, sex, race
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.