In this discussion forum, you will learn about the history of art by exploring the Renaissance and Baroque eras in chronological order and selecting a work of art from one of those movements to discuss. Prior to beginning work, read and review the following resources:
“Renaissance” in Art Identifying Movements (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
The Captivating History and Enduring Influence of Italian Renaissance Art (Links to an external site.)
360 VR Tour – Alone with Michelangelo’s David in the Accademia in Florence (Oculus) (Links to an external site.)
Overview: Mannerism (Links to an external site.)
Mannerism (Links to an external site.)
“Baroque” in Art Identifying Movements (Links to an external site.)
Baroque Art in Europe, an Introduction (Links to an external site.)
Introduction to the Protestant Reformation (Part 4 of 4): The Counter-Reformation (Links to an external site.)
Velázquez, Las Meninas (Links to an external site.)
Bernini, Pluto and Proserpina (Links to an external site.)
Rubens, Elevation of the Cross (Links to an external site.)
For your initial post, you should
Choose a work of art from one of the movements above. You may select a work from the textbook, resources, videos or museum links. Your work of art should be different from the one you discussed in the Exploring an Art Museum discussion this week.
Include an image of the artwork.
Identify the title, artist, movement (date if known), and region (place if known) of your work.
Explain why you were attracted to this work, and discuss at least two characteristics of this art work that you found interesting or noteworthy.
Incorporate what you have learned about the process and components of art appreciation.
Your post should be at least 200 words in length and based on what you have learned about the process and components of art appreciation.
Refer to the assigned reading from the textbook, resources, and videos as examples of how to interpret works of art, taking care to correctly cite these and any other sources that you use.
TIP: To fully contemplate the work of art using what you have learned about art and art appreciation, it is recommended that you examine the work of art for at least 10 minutes, taking note of your reactions and observations throughout your examination. Use these notes to compose your initial post.
Cite your sources as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.) guides on APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.). For works of art, follow the APA Style reference entry format using the APA Style: Artwork References (Links to an external site.) webpage as a guide.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.