This assignment is intended to give you practical experience using an accounting software system. DO NOT use the QuickBooks online version as it does not have all the functionality you will need for this assignment.
QuickBooks Desktop Trial. You will need to download a version of QuickBooks to complete the required GL assignment. Go to the following link. https://www.intuit.com/partners/education-program/registration/students/quickbooks-desktop/
Once you are there, fill out all the information using your university email address and choose QuickBooks Desktop Version – 2020, then verify and continue. After you submit the form, you will receive an email verifying and it will contain information on the next steps. It will take up to 3 business days, but you should get another email that explains how to get the software.
Windows users will use this version of the assignment – GLAssignment_Summer 2021 Windows Version.docx
If you are using a Mac, you won’t be able to use the link above, as the Education Program will only send out the Windows-based version of QB Desktop. You will need to go to this link, https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/new-subscriptions/download-a-trial-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/185974 (Links to an external site.) , and select the trial version of QuickBooks Mac 2020.
Mac users will use this version of the assignment – GLAssignment_Summer 2021_Mac Version.docx
All users –
This bank statement applies to both assignments. –
How to Prepare Your GL Project Output File.pdf
Checking Account Statement
Jordan Taylor Landscaping
Note: This example bank statement should be used to reconcile your bank statement in QuickBooks. Your check numbers may be different, but the amounts should match up.
123 Any Street
Arlington TX 760150
Account number: 1234567890
Balance on 6/1/2021
Balance on 6/30/2021
Deposits and Credits
Withdrawals and Debits
General Ledger Project
PDF File Notes
How to Print or Save to PDF
1. If the full version of Adobe Acrobat (not Adobe Reader) is installed on your computer or you are
working in a COB lab (rooms 339 and 349), you can simply print your reports to PDF. To do this,
select the Print button at the top of your report and then select the Adobe PDF printer (note: do
not select the ABS PDF Driver v400 as it most likely will not work). Another window will pop up
where you will need to type in a file name and click Save. Make sure you save the file to a USB
drive or your J Drive.
2. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat installed on your computer, you can save the report as a PDF
file. Make sure the report you want to print is the active window. You might want to first select
the Print > Report option from the Menu Bar and check to see that the Fit Report to 1 page(s)
wide option is selected. If not, check the checkbox and click on Print. Select the Microsoft XPS
Document Writer on… and click Print. Select Cancel when the window pops up for you to name
the .xps file. This should ensure that you have the correct option selected when you save your
file to PDF. From the Menu Bar, now select File > Save as PDF. You will need to select the
location where you want the file saved and type in the appropriate file name. Please check the
file to make sure all columns print on one page.
How to Prepare Your GL Project Output File
1. Follow the method above outlined above to print all required reports listed on page 28. (Note
that you are to print a working trial balance when you reach page 26.) You should have a total of
20 pdf files for all your reports. You can save them on your J drive or your own USB drive.
2. Open Adobe Acrobat XI Pro. (All lab computers are supposed to have this software installed.)
Click the Create dropdown box in the tool bar near the upper left corner and select the Combine
Files into a Single PDF option.
3. In the Combine Files Window, click the Add Files dropdown box at the upper left corner and
select the Add Files option (or you can drag and drop the files to the Combine Files window) to
add the PDF files that QuickBooks has produced for you. You can either add these QuickBooks
output files into this window one at a time or by selecting several at a time. Be sure to do it in
the order as specified on page 28. You can also rearrange the files by dragging the file to the
correct position. An out of order list will result in losing a significant number of points.
4. When you are done with placing your output files into the combined file, click the Combine Files
button. Verify that the resulting file has all the QuickBooks produced files in the order of the
5. Click File in the menu bar. Select the Save As option and save it as required in the project notes.
This is the file that you will upload to Blackboard.
General Ledger Assignment – Mac Instructions
The purpose of this assignment is to give you practical experience with QuickBooks accounting software. Be aware that mistakes and unexpected problems and questions are part of the learning process. Start your work immediately to guard against any unexpected problems. Do not allow yourself to have to make any excuses for not completing the assignment on time. The completed assignment must be turned via Canvas by 11:59 pm on Monday, July 12th, 2021. No late assignments will be accepted.
If you will be using a Mac version of QuickBooks, you need to let me know immediately. You will need to use the trial version of QuickBooks Mac 2021 desktop version. DO NOT use the QuickBooks online version as it does not have all the functionality you will need for this assignment. You may download the software directly from Intuit at
https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/new-subscriptions/download-a-trial-of-quickbooks-desktop/01/185974. These instructions are written for a Mac.
For this assignment, you will create a new QuickBooks company for your own company. You have been earning a little extra money from mowing lawns for a few neighbors and you are ready to expand your clientele. In addition to mowing lawns, you will provide basic services such as pruning, trimming shrubbery, weeding and planting bedding plants.
2. Create a New Company (Make sure you set aside adequate time to complete this process. 1-2 hours)
· Start QuickBooks
· From the Menu, select File > New Company.
· Name and save your file as LastName_Landscaping as shown below and save to your computer.
· On the next screen you will need to enter a password. Please use the password, 3303Student.
· On the Create New Company: Enter your address and tax information screen, complete the text boxes as shown below using your own name (First Name Last Name Landscaping) for the Company Name. Make up an Address keep 01/01/21 as the Company Start Date and select Form 1060 (Sole Proprietor) from the Income Tax Form Used drop-down box as shown in the screenshot on the next page.
· Please note that you must use your actual name.
· Click the
button to continue.
· In the Choose your industry and chart of accounts window scroll down and select the
Lawn Care or Landscaping
· You can either scroll through the Industry list or type an “L” to go directly to the L’s.
· In the Accounts list in the Choose your industry and chart of accounts window, click on the following account to select it:
· Equipment Rental for Jobs
· In the account list in the Choose your industry and chart of accounts window, click on the following accounts to deselect them:
· Worker’s Compensation Insurance
· Meals and Entertainment
· Travel Expense
· Ask My Accountant
: if you make a mistake in the above two steps, you can click the
button to start over.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.