The Bredekamp and Copple reading describes 12 empirically based principles of child development and learning that guide DAP. As you read those, which of them struck you as either being a new idea or a vital issue that you had not explored before? Describe elements of this that really resonated strongly with you, either positively or negatively.
Twelve Principles of Child Development and Learning
Twelve Principles of Child Development and Learning Indiana’s Introduction to the Early Childhood and Out of School Learning Profession
Module 1 Child Development
NAEYC (The National Association for the Education of Young Children) has created 12 child
development and learning principles that inform and guide decisions about developmentally
appropriate teaching practices.
1. All areas of development are important.
2. Learning and development follow sequences.
3. Development and learning proceed at varying rates.
4. Development results from maturity and experience.
5. Early experiences have profound effects on development and learning.
6. Development moves to greater independence.
7. Children develop best with secure relationships.
8. Development is influenced by multiple social and cultural backgrounds.
9. Children learn in a variety of ways.
10. Play is important for developing self-regulation and promoting language, cognition, and
11. Development and learning advance when children are challenged.
12. Children’s experiences shape their motivation and approaches to learning.
As you plan experiences for young children, consider how you might use the NAEYC Principles
as a guide.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.